Home » personal » Ride the train, dance in the rain or feel no pain?

Ride the train, dance in the rain or feel no pain?

Would you rather ride the train, dance in the rain or feel no pain?

Maybe not as adventurous in its literal sense, but I think I’m the type who rides the train. I’ve been enjoying travelling. I’m always on-the-go, always feeling anxious to do or go from point A to B.  If this psychological question I got from the movie “The Recruit” is designed to provide what best pertains to  my personality, I’d take the first choice. I’m a wayfarer, a soujorner, a globe-trotter. Sadly, I’m also away from my family and other love ones. I leave things behind and always looking forward to my direction.

But, if it’s giving an option of what I wanted to be or do, I sure want to splish splash, be silly and dance in the rain. Worry sits comfortably in the living room of my brain, and that worry always let the trouble in everytime it knocks on my door. I want to just let go, get rid of attachments, expectations, fear, control and entitlements. I do, am a type of a person who sits his problems and prolongs it. But I never learn to embrace inconveniences. I’m cautious all the time. I want to just do, and not always think. I want to make mistakes, and not just always by fault. I would love not to save face, and not be bothered by judgments. So yeah, my answer is …I would rather not hide under the shade, play around as I please and just dance in the rain.

‘Cause NO, I do not have a thick skin. I can admit I’m not tough. My strength is my weakness. And I’m not cold. I do not have a nerve to inflict, the nose to pry nor the eye to lie. And no, I do not want to be completely devoid of suffering.  It’s where you learn from, what you grow into. I want to be able to see my blood sprouting when I get wounded. I’d be always nice to know I can get support whenever I needed help. I do not want to be forever brave and rough. I don’t want to feel no pain, it’s not something that I am and it’s not someone I wanted to be.

I just now realized, I think these choices tie to a common bond … Freedom.

1. aRVee says:

Your posts are full of eloquence and intellectually stimulating… :)

2. rommel says:

Ow, didn’t see this comment. Hihi. I was actually a little bit reluctant to this one. I thought it was kind of scattery. Guess, it’s readable anyhow.

Thanks arvee.

3. Sony Fugaban says:

Then I have a theme song for you: BASANG BASA SA ULAN by Aegis. LOL!

4. frizztext says:

interesting reflection!

5. jakesprinter says:

I love your Entry my friend
    and I love to invite you here

6. …are there no more choices like: dance in the train, ride the pain or feel the rain? If so, I would’ve chosen those three! O_0

@))–>>—–

7. [...] Surprisingly Successful: Ride the train, dance in the rain or feel no pain? - Thanks Arvee for promoting this [...]

8. Jude says:

This post is so much me, and the way I’ve lived my life! You speak for the free Rommel!

9. Love it!- “I do not have a nerve to inflict, the nose to pry nor the eye to lie.” Beautiful words.

10. Berlynn says:

definitely agree, ride the train! See what there is to see! Explore & adventure <3

11. [...] Ride the train, dance in the rain or feel no pain? [...]

12. tchistorygal says:

Riding on a train is fun, but when I was a kid growing up in the muggy midwest, playing and dancing in the rain was my favorite activity. The rain was warm, but not nearly as miserable as sweating in the air just before it rained. It was a great feeling when the heat disappeared for a few minutes. :)

I’ve enjoyed doing all three, and I’d do them all again, but I think I need to ride the train more.

14. good morning, hmmmm, I would choose dancing on a train in the rain! Then I would feel no pain. I am defs a fun adventure seeker. That is when I feel most alive. I remember riding the rails in Europe in my 20′s and feeling so happy that my stomach literally hurt and that I might explode from being so darn happy. I loved that experience so much. Now, that is not to say you should always be over the moon happy because pain and discomfort in our lives grow our spirit and stretch our souls into something bigger and better. Cheers.

15. Beautifully penned, Rommel!