Do yourselves some favors. Check these videos out on Youtube, will yah.
10. F*ck You – Cee-Lo
If you don’t know this song by now, don’t even bother scrolling down the rest of the list. Go ahead and push the BACK button on the upper left.
09. Tightrope – Janelle Monae
08. Crash Years – The New Pornographers
Harmony in human representations.
07. Telephone – Lady Gaga and Beyonce
Big production, whoa! Isn’t that nobody make big budgetted music videos anymore? Fortunately, it paid off. The most expensive, most parodied undeniably earns a spot in the list.
06. Runaway – Kanye West
And if you have time to kill, you can also check out a 35-min version that’s comprising of other songs from the best reviewed album this year, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
05. Cousins – Vampire Weekend
The boys set out a track on a backstreet alley. If you love Vampire Weekend’s drum poundings, for sure you’ll love the bell poundings at the end. ;) [Also: Giving Up The Gun - Jake Gyllenhaal, Joe Jonas and Lil Jon guest appearances inside a tennis court, how can you not be intrigued?]
04. Born Free (original) – M.I.A. Born Free is the supposedly proposed single for the album MAYA. It’s video is banned due to violence, nudity, graphic images and overt portrayal on an issue of discrimination. It is exaggerating, too much of a political rage of a message that it’s obviously a no-no for a music video.
03. The Suburbs – Arcade Fire
And if the above video is too long and too harsh for you, you can settle for this shorter but nonetheless equally substantial video.
02. This Too Shall Pass – OK GO
The boys went to a basement and fashioned an elaborate bigger-than-domino video-long physics-motivated knock-on effect. Watch.
01. Drunk Girls – LCD Soundsystem
Harassment in the funniest form. [Also: Home - a walking, clubbing, smoking, drinking robot made out of aluminum foil]