Home » California » Peaceful

Peaceful

Channel Islands

I’ll take the general approach of the challenge.

Malibu

Painter takes a moment to look at rocks formation as the basis for his drawing.

Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia is a small island located in Indian ocean. However, it is mainly populated by overseas filipino workers.

Rota

That’s where I’ll be next month. (Above)

Capri

Na-ah, this “Peaceful” set won’t get away from a little bit of humor …

Mother Nature cries after Mother Nature calls. Hehehe. I mean, shame on them two!

1. mrsbr says:

Wow, looks so peaceful!

2. Amar Naik says:

wow. it is peaceful

3. aRVee says:

Cool set of images but I like the 1st image more. Diego Garcia is seemingly a beautiful place and looks tropical to me… :)

4. rommel says:

Thank You, Thank You for all the likes. I’m so overwhelmed. Thank You for all the comments

No contest, Amar and mrsbr.

Yes, Diego Garcia is a tropical, very small island. You can bike the whole island without panting afterwards.

5. jakesprinter says:

Great Emtry for this week topic Rommel Thumbs up :)

6. AlohaKarina says:

Thank you for a look at Diego Garcia. I have family and friends who are military, and they speak rather disparagingly of it…having gotten stuck there a time or two. I always imagined it so differently, but it really is beautiful. That’s my favorite photo of the bunch!

Honestly, I didn’t mind it because the people there are of my race. I do understand the military personnel’s standpoint. There are those who get stationed there for 2 years. Being stuck in a very small island ain’t easy. It just gets weary. There are those who only ges deployed for about 6 – 7 months. Now, that’s the optimum span. I fortunately was there for a fair amount of time. I, personally, say it ain’t that bad.
      It’s a good get-away from the hurly burly of populated places. And, water activities are basically the main outdoor-nature activity there.

That was the time that I get to try sailing. It was my first time doing it, and it was a race. My supervisor said he wanted me because to be his partner because I’m light. Hihihi. It was funny because he wanted to cheat but he wouldn’t, and didn’t. I highly believe it’s because he doesn’t want to show that attitude with me being there.

GEEZ Karina! You had me going, firing me up! Screw Diego Garcia being bad, I had so much fun, lots of great memories of that place. :D

7. rommel says:

^ Thank You for all the comments and likes. My excitement is shooting. I don’t get that much likes in a day, such short time.

8. All look wonderful and peaceful but lol at the bottom one! hehe

9. Fergiemoto says:

Beautiful, until I did a double-take on the last one.

10. rommel says:

@Thanks for the comments, brenda, fergie and jo.

It’s just that my first two takes of the challenge were tagged with humor. So, I threw that last pic. :D

11. Wow…those were some amazing ocean and beach scenes….beautiful place. Definitely a place of peace and serinity. Must be amazing to just chill and watch the sunset at the end of a day’s work. stay cool!!!

12. Sony Fugaban says:

PEACEFUL, indeed, Rom! AND, FUN FUN! I liked it more when you break the monotony by including the last picture. You have so much humor!

13. aRVee says:

break is accepted if I may interrupt haha… yeah I agree, I remember the “launch” challenge” -poor bird… :)

14. Amazing pictures! Thank you for sharing!

I so would love to visit them places.

15. Mis Experiencias Personales have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! Congratulations! http://misexperienciaspersonales.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/the-versatile-blogger-award/

16. rommel says:

YEYAH!!! My first award. Ma. Novie, you made my blogdays worthy. Thank You! Thank You! for the recognition. My heartiest gratitude.

17. rommel says:

Thanks sony and arvee for commenting.

18. Madman says:

Peace on you my friend :-) I love your photos and sense of humor!

19. Silving says:

Nice! (except the last one :D)

20. you are a lucky man to see all of these places!! awesome pictures too

21. Thanks for letting me camp out in your blog today. I had a great time and hope I left my campsite clean enough for your next visitor.