Home » Rests of Europe » Germany, or Roads to Destination

Germany, or Roads to Destination

Absolutely! Driving to the destination is part of traveling. It’s the adults version of a kid looking out the window. Well, it’s not as convenient with the engine revving, finding a comfortable seating position and the high tendency of dozing off but it’s the point your mind wander most while anticipating the trip.

Pacific Gulf Coast, Baguio, the winter in Florence, I may not find our Germany destinations not the pie in the sky but I think Germany gets my vote for the best outside-the-window travel views.

I love the seeing their houses too. Somehow, the houses have qualities that are rather distinctively German than as European in general.

Like once said, traveling isn’t just the tourist spot in itself but also the journey. Listening to music as the car drives, pulling over the rest stops, rubbernecking the attractive sceneries and all the fine things in the path that leads to the destination. To me, traveling in group makes the long drive enduring.  Spotting scenes can turn into conversations. Eating is more fun with company (especially packing our own rice and meal, picnicking in parking areas). And, listening to tunes can turn into sing-alongs.

Bon Voyage. Have a fun trip!

Question: What, in your experience, do you think has the best road views?

Expect my post of the destination, Germany, in the near future.

Best road views? maybe through Cappadochia in Turkey will win for me.

2. orples says:

Your photographs are stunning. It is so nice to be able to see the world from a computer, thanks to the generosity of others sharing their experiences. One day, I hope to see some of the beauty the rest of the world first hand.

3. tita buds says:

You’re right, the views outside the car windows are worth the trip already. Ganda. :)
    We once drove from upstate New York to Boston. The views in-between were pretty spectacular for me (plus walang mga bahay sa tabi ng kalsada, hahaha).

what great photos – best roads for me was the Rift Valley

5. rommel says:

Thank You Jo. Rift Valley? Where is that? Anywho, thanks for the input.

6. […] score has been settled. I’m bumping down Germany and placing California’s Pacific Coast Highway and other routes to have the best roadside […]

7. janaknmistry says:

Germany has always been the destination of my choice. Looking at the pictures and reading this article . I am anxious to go ahead and explore the unexplored. Keep up the good work

8. Bron says:

The drive from Dubrovnik, Croatia to Kotor, Montenegro is pretty darn impressive. If you don’t have a car you can do it by bus – sit on the right hand side on the way to Kotor and the left coming back for the best views!

The most beautiful train rides I’ve ever taken are:
    Oslo – Bergen (Norway)