Hi, my name is Rommel.
I named this blog The Sophomore Slump mainly because I had a wordpress blog before it. The first blog gotten into a point where it wasn’t as wrapped into myself as I wanted it to be. I just wanted to a more established blog that I can call my own. I also had Multiply, and I liquidated it as well because it was too self-indulgent. And so I created this blog, something in the middle. I didn’t want it to be so overwhelming so I started slow, doing a picture-lyrics style. I also transferred some of my old entries that I (and my girl) managed to salvage from my old blogs.
Even though the blog was receiving zero to less-than 10 views in a day (or week), I continued on. Blogging is basically our outlet. Other than an outlet for creative growth and sharpening writing skills, it really is a great medium to chronicle life experiences, and share it. The stats really is supposedly just something extra. Well like you and I, who are only human, are reeled in to the stats’ addictive nature. Still, I think bloggers at least should not forget that core reason why we blog.
The first award is the 7×7 Link Award. Tagged with it is this little activity where I’m supposed to fill in these bullets.
- Most Helpful: What makes an effective writer? – As if I am. *sticks tongue out*
- Most Popular: HOPE – Unexpected and surprisingly the highest.
- Most Beautiful Piece: Unusual: Birch Aquarium – I don’t really know.
- Most Controversial: Bullfight (Andalusia) – I might have lost blogging points for this one. Hehe
- Most Surprisingly Successful: Ride the train, dance in the rain or feel no pain? – Thanks Arvee for promoting this post.
- Most Underrated: R O M A – Rome is the most beautiful city in the world to me.
- Most Pride Worthy: My father never really taught me anything – Figures.
Here we go. *Clasping Palms Together* I’m linking this first hand-outs of awards to these 7 interesting blogs.
- tita buds’ blog – Come on now, tita buds. I’m giving you the first award so you can’t jump to the bandwagon of this gizmo. You should grant it given the occasion, so to speak.
- aRvee – Your tourist guide to Cebu. My future destination!
- Being Arindam – One of the few personal blogs that really sticks out.
- The Positive Page – The title tells you to smile, seize the day and stay postive.
- The Writer in the Woods – Pictures, food, places and articulative writing all rolled into one.
- Gilly Gee
My blog views only skyrocketted at the start of this year. I love that I got involved with the wordpress community. It’s not just about the number, but it really is the discussions and the interactions. In many ways it motivated me. I sped up my posting pace. Until I got closer leading to this milestone of my 100th views, I sprinted to get to this point. I had a lot of ideas for the 100th. The first one, I wanted to do a birthday blog but I dismissed it and instead I changed my About section. My blog was “About-less” for one year. What I did was to collect chunks of sentences from previous posts. I love the title, Blog 2.0. The second idea for the 100th was My Amazing Race. It was during the 19th season of TAR when I cooked the idea. My third idea was picking favorites, doing The Best Of. That goes to the drain. My fifth idea was, since the blog is becoming more and more like a travel blog, I wanted to compost this post entry called Travel Whoa’s and Woes. My fourth idea was to give awards since I’ve been receiving awards, may not be many, but I can’t just receive them and not pass it forward. I didn’t really like the idea of chain-links. Here I am doing it on my 100th. Well, the real main thing here is it’s my way to reciprocate the appreciations other bloggers have given to me and my blog.
Kaleidoscope World was also one of my options.
My HUGS AWARD recipients are …
- Poetic Journey – I am returning the favor to PJ. She is living with a sick cell anemia. She pulls her strength and hope from her faith to the high mighty above.
- Cee’s Life Photography – Above her life struggles is her amazing photographies. This strong woman talked about her dark pasts with grace, honesty and courage.
- The Man’s Journey – This guy talks deep and sincere. He’s just very good-natured, good soul. Expect goodness all around when you visit his blog.
- Digital Catharsis (Nelson) – Another family man who features his special ones.
- 3rdCultureChildren – 3rd Family-filled blog that showcases travels to different 3rd world nations places, people and culture.
- Jake’s Printer – Last but not the least, Jake. He’s all over the place! I see him everywhere. He offers his time and attention to other blogs. This guy spreads hugs to everyone, why else can I not give him the award.
Change was actually a dream of mine. It was a story of this conservative girl who got badly influenced by the outside world opposite to her through … music. She heard a club song on the radio, and liked the beat. Initially, she just wanted to feel the kind of music that she started partying. All hell breaks loose. She started smoking, doing drugs and *ehem* doing multiple intercourse. There is this long-haired guy in a couch smoking cigarrette in an messy, dimly lit room. He’s the voice in the background to the good girl-gone bad story. He’s talking about basically about the theme of the sotry which is … Change. Of course, it wasn’t vivid but that’s the gist of my dream.
I wanted to write the story except that I’m awful at narration. That’s why I use the this is this, that is that method on my travel posts. None of my posts really fully narrate a story. I hate recalling events. I really have to find creative ways to play around when my post requires a story-telling. I guess best examples of my horibble story-telling are Running with a Bull where I had to post a video, actually I didn’t expected that a lot of commentators wowed to the story. I also reminisced the time when I got Lost in Paris.
The guy was re-appearing in the dream-scenes in parts. Hence, the way I wrote the blogpost is broken down to short paragraphs/sentences. I actually wrote the whole concept of what the guy is talking about that I complete skipped the actual story of the girl. The original title was actually “There is this story …”.
I was given the Kreativ Blog Award. I’m supposed to say 7 things about myself.
- I am a forgetful person. It’s been said about 2 or 3 times in this blog.
- I am addicted to mountain dew (drink) and chicken thighs (food).
- I am a clinger. I choose the people to get close to me and I hang on to them. I crawl my way back even. Not just to people but also to things I’m passionate about as well.
- I am a happy-go-lucky kind. It’s a both positive and negative attitude in life.
- I am more of an introvert than of an extrovert.
- I am a self-proclaimed proud procrastinator.
- I have 12 clocks. To include pocket, granfather’s, musical and cuckoo clock.
And the Kreativ Blog (and Bloggers) Award goes to … *drumrolls please*
- Googsy’s Photography – Every click to a picture glimpse will open a surprise.
- tita buds’ blog – Chic, hip, fun blog. Watch out for all
strikethroughtexts. It will make you laugh out loud. Plus, her illustrative drawing.
- Gilly Gee – Check out her January Small Stones.
- orples – The guy is a publish writer.
- Nandini – Creative, Top Photography Blogger
- L’AltelierPhotography – Being a clock collector, I am impress with his dexterity in watches…and photography.
- Creativity Aroused – The title alone tells you that the blog belongs to the award. Find the birds. You have got to look at the pictures of the birds.
- Jo Bryant – Bar-high Photography
- Sonel’s Corner – Find out what makes her trip to Africa so interesting. Also, check her pictures-tweaking strategies.
- melonpozdropz – She has got the best sets of sunset…. or rise.
- Manipal’s Photoblog – A collection of photo from different sources to be handpicked and exhibit to the blog. What it creates is an explosion of stunning photos.
- Life by Magdelene – This is an excellent photoblog. Check out her entry about canines used in military.
- frizztext –
Intermission: Here’s the creative blogger-slash-talented-photographer-and-musician … Frizztext…
*Sonorous Series of Accolades*
I recently started Featured Blogs to emphasize the blogs I follow. It’s my way to re-blog. To share what I think are the great blogs out there.
My blog is mainly about personal, music and travels. Of course, a little bit of a photoblog. I had movie posts, and I threw in some humor from time to time.
I was given the Versatile Award. I am sharing this award to these outstanding blogs. The past and future featured blogs. *Bring on the Confetti!*
- Indulge (Lesley Carter) – Featured on: Weekly Photo Challenge: Down
- Bagni di Lucca Featured on: Italian Food
- Temporary Lost Featured on: My Amazing Race
- Stories of My Wandering Feet & Mind – Featured on: Rose Valley Falls Trail in Ojai
- Laughter is Catching
- Robotic Rhetoric
- Wheeling It – Featured on: La Jolla in San Diego, California
- Nails Bails
- Mike is Happy. Relatively. – Featured on: #76
- BackPacking With A Book
- Googsy’s Photography – Featured on: Ramstein, Idelweiss, Munich
- Compass Tales
- Tokyo Bling’s Blog
- Cee’s Life Photography
- Jake Printer – Featured on: Distorted
- Have Bag. Will Travel. Featured on: Bullfight
- Part of my World
- This Man’s Journey
- Tita Buds’ Blog – Featured on: Sevilla, Spain
I don’t know what the future holds for this blog. Actually, I do. The blog is mainly going to be about Travel. I’m currently in California, and so there will be a lot of California places to be featured here. I will click, click and click, and see what I can come up with when I go to my next destination, Caramoan and Bohol in Philippines. I’m still holding onto some places in Italy to include Naples, The LEaning Tower of Pisa and Gondola in Venice. With Spain, I still have Jerez and Rota to cover. I’m still putting on hold the part deux of Surprising Cover Songs. I will still have the annual Albums of the Year and Videos of the Year. I’m also “planning” on Top Movie Acting Performances for the past 5 years. The near future posts will be Venice Beach, Santa Monica, The Birds in La Jolla, Universal Studio, Griffith Park and The Griffith Observatory, Santa Barbara and Hollywood. My most major, realistic bucketlist of places outside California are Las Vegas, Reno, Grand Canyon, New York and Chicago. Iwill be continuing the Weekly Photo Challenge. I will be updating my About section. I might do a Best of post. I’m flushing out Travel Whoa’s and Woes.
If any of who wants a particular post listed above to be sooner, just let me know and I can rearrange my posting schedule.
The last awards I will be giving is The CandleLight Award.
- Places, People, Stories – Recommended Italy Blog…and then some.
- A Traveller’s Tale – Photography at its best. He’s a filipino!
- mellifluousmurmurs – One of the most artful, organized blogs out there I’ve seen.
- Shambolicliving – Popular blog comment is “Beautiful”. This blog can juggernaut beat the word and still makes up its sense all the time. Just click on the Photo menu and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
- A Thoughtful Paper – Just like Googsy’s, this blog is in for a lot of surprises.
- Connie’s World – Pay attention to her pictures of the sky.
- A Year in my Shoes – This blog makes me wanna go to Ireland so badly.
- Gerry’s Space – Click the Link!
- The Perfectly Imperfect One – Like me, she also likes Mountain Dew. Congratulate her on her 10k views.
- Mis Experiencias Personales – Going to England? Let Ma. Novie be your guide.
- gelaikuting – Last but not the least. Check out her lastest trip to Coron.
There you have it folks. This is my way of saying …. Thank You! Thank you for those who have given me awards. And thanks to everyone I blog with. It’s been fun. It’s a pleasure meeting you all.
To quote Chandler – “Mini-waves in celebration in me … and WOOHOO! Amsterdam loves wordpress, Goodnight!”
*Cork Popped* Let’s go to the After-Party! You are all invited on top of the Eiffel Tower. Bwahahaha.
By the way, if you don’t mind giving me a feedback, I’d like to know what my best post is?