Home » California » Botanical Garden in Balboa Park

Botanical Garden in Balboa Park

This park is huge! It’s like an open to public, open area theme park. There’s only carousel and railroad for kids, but there’s plenty of attractions for all ages. Get there, and it guarantees something that will fit to your liking. Surrounded by all the attractions are several gardens along the way to wherever you choose to go to. You can even see different international houses. There’s a whooping 15 informational, entertaining, diverse and cultural museums. Check out San Diego happenings, events and theater plays, and you might end up seeing it in The Old Globe or Balboa Stadium. If not, the Spreckels Organ Pavilion has musical spectacle for everyone to hear. If all of these is not good enough, Balboa Park houses the ever-popular San Diego Zoo. There’s also bike and hiking trails for the outdoorsy types.

I bring you Balboa Park’s Botanical Garden …

Actually, there are plenty of free admission days in California museums and gardens. I googled this site to help you score free entrances - www.californiafreebies.com.
You can just walk in the botanical garden in Balboa Park whenever it’s open.

Check more flowers here – LA Arboretum.

Variety, diversity, all kinds of interests and fun for family, and the best part of it all … actually, there’s no best in particular. It’s the fact that there’s this one general area in San Diego that centralizes all these awesome attractions. The entire Balboa Park is the newest addition to my absolute MUST list.

__________________________________________________

Featured Blog

Check out this date’s newly Freshly Pressed blog entry. I got so excited having to see a ‘Blog I Follow’ to be in that list, esp. with the recent award I received from them. B&W Bears’ clear, sharp and close-up images deserve all the recognition it gets.

_____________________________________________

Last Call…

I know, I know. I need to work on taking pictures of birds in flight. If you’re ever in any garden building, don’t just keep your eyes peeled on plants and flowers, keep your ears open as well.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

1. onestreetshy says:

I absolutely love Balboa Park…awesome

2. ~mimo~ says:

beautiful photos!

3. This reminds me of the Botanical gardens in Bronx, NY! Talking about beauty, that place is magical! This place is so beautiful as well…

4. bwbears says:

Thank you for mentioning me… I love your blog too! By the way, your photo of the “bird in flight” is truly awesome, I really liked that. Nice post!

Brilliant pictures Rommel! And thanks for the link to the spectacular photo blog.

6. Beautiful photos once again. Balboa Park is amazing, isn’t it? We had such a good time visiting this past spring and are planning to get back there this winter.

7. Absolutely stunning shots…..thank you for sharing!

8. Oh, nooooooooooooooo! Someone dumped their unwanted turtle in the lily pond. Every so often they have to drain the pond, basically destroying all the beautiful lilies, to get all the unwanted wildlife out of the pond and clean it of the unwanted wildlife’s, uh, poop. People who no longer want their pets — dogs, cats, turtles, snakes, rats, mice, birds, whatever — should take them to a pet store or an animal shelter. Do not dump them in the wild. That’s cruel.

Really? I thought they were put there for visitors to look at. I didn’t know they are abandoned pets. That’s just awful.

• It’s supposed to be a lily pond. The fish, including the big koi, also are dumped pets. People don’t realize that there is no shame in giving up a pet; pet stores will usually buy them. Obviously they won’t pay retail price because the store is the retailer, but isn’t something better than getting nothing by simply dumping it in lake, pond, alongside the highway……..

The beautiful architecture look like buildings in South Africa or India.

10. Shutterbug Sage says:

SUCH an amazing collection of photos! Incredible work!

11. Christina says:

You’re lucky you got sun the day you were there taking photos! It was cloudy when I went the last time..argh! Love Balboa Park as well!

I will let you in a little secret… Me and the Weather God has a deal. :D He won’t mess up the weather while I travel, and in return, I share the world by blogging. BWAHAHAHAHA
      I don’t know what it is but I’m very very lucky with the weather every time. I don’t even watch Weather News. *knock on wood*

What a stunning place. Your photos are magical.

13. mfryan says:

I miss it so much! You got great shots. :)

14. Thanks for liking my posts Rommel. These are stunning pictures of my home town. The hummingbird
    and turtle are fantastic shots. How did you get you get them? Do you live here in San Diego now?

15. tangerinedey says:

Beautiful pics. Made me homesick. I love Balboa Park, so gorgeous.

16. [...] San Diego and Washington. San Diego Zoo, together with The Safari, is one of the main reason why Balboa Park is a must [...]

Such magical photos, Rommel. Looks like a great place to visit. The turtle and water lily pic is awesome.

Awesome shots! I’m excited to see this beautiful garden…

It really is great for photography. I’m sure you’ll do better job than I do. Hope you do get to visit San Diego soon. You’ll love Balboa Park.

• Amy says:

Thank you, Rommel! I’ll try to shoot good pics, as you know, I’m as serious as I need to be :) Do you think it can take two or three days to tours the place?