1. I was in Ojai with a plan to do some volunteer work. Sadly, that didn’t happened. I just couldn’t find anybody. I contacted the people, including the organization that arranged it, but nobody hit me back.
2. So instead, I decided to hike Ojai once again. See amy Freshly Pressed entry on Rose Valley Falls in Ojai. I hiked Rose Valley Falls so smoothly. This time, however, the Potrero John trail that I was aiming for is so hard to find.
3. Highway 33 is so scenic that I couldn’t resist but to drive slowly, pull over the vistas and turnouts, and rubberneck on the stunning views from my car. It completely extends my time staying there.
- If you still wondering why I bumped up California roads to be the best,
Highway 33 can easily justify for it. -
4. The drive back to the town center is 30 miles or more. I can’t turn back just yet.
5. I had some awful and disappointing misadventures with exploring Sespe Creek and Potrero John Trail. Future posts to follow … previews for now.
- Sespe Creek, but not really -
- Potrero John Trail, I disappointingly didn’t get to the waterfall -
6. I was tired. It’s so hot this time of the year. I got exhausted. This wilderness, I was not prepared for. Most of all, my stomach was growling.
Thank goodness, I have something in my car! …
MRE (Meal, Ready-to-Eat) is an instant meal package that military use in the field. I found me a shaded area with a big rock;
I followed the heating instructions, and viola! …
I got me a quick Spicy Penne Pasta to gorge on after all the driving and hiking.