Home » California » San Diego, California

San Diego, California

What are your top cities? My Top 5 are Rome, Paris, Bohol, San Diego and Amsterdam.

Birds in La Jolla, Torrey Pines, Black’s Beach x2
Cabrillo National Monument x2, Torrey Pines Gliderport, Black’s Beach
La Jolla
20121117-145809.jpg

Seals in La Jolla

20121117-150145.jpg
San Diego Bay
Point Loma Lighthouse, Museum of Man, Kissing Statue, Mingei International Museum
Birds in La Jolla, Mingei, Torrey Pines

20121117-152226.jpg
Birch Aquarium

20121117-152616.jpg
———————————————————-
California?

Feature Blog

I don’t know which is my most favorite post from this next featured blog. Marsha Lee’s posts always pique my interest, never a dull read and her blog has good variety from pictures, reviews, POV’s and advices, and travel too! I have to choose from -when she suggests us to carry a journal to our travel, when she sits for a jury duty, her quilting DIY and quilting with Carmen, and the one where I got to learn about a Coffee Farm in Hawaii. You see, there’s always garuanteed interesting reads and visuals when you visit Marsha Lee: Streaming Thoughts.

My favourite cities are Paris, Helsinki, Venice, Rome, Milan, Brisbane……too many really. I would love to visit San Diego.

2. Hard for me to rank various cities where I’ve lived or visited. Each locale is unique in its own right. In the U.S., New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and San Diego. Here in Europe, I’ve always enjoyed my many visits to Lausanne, CH. Nearby Venice is high on my list — when not flooded or overrun by tourists (which is hardly ever). I enjoy Rome and am getting to know her a little more each time I visit. And, probably at the top of the list, within Europe, is Paris, the most beautiful city on the continent. So, Paris, Lausanne, Venice and Rome. And then there’s Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon. And, I can’t leave off London, nor the entire Andalusia region of Spain. See, it’s just impossible for me to break it all down and officer a rank-order list. And, I haven’t even mentioned the Asia-Pacific region: Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok, Hanoi, Sydney, Melbourne…

What an impressive list of travel histories you have! You are so right! It is like impossible to rank them. I even forgot to include a city from Spain. And yes, Asian cities are often overlooked because a lot of it are not big cities on a “per se” basis.

Love your photos, Rommel. My top 5 cities are Venice,Florence,Rome,New York, and Barcelona. London is also a favourite, but you did say only five. :)

4. mrsbearfoot says:

I feel like I’ve been on vacation again. Such wonderful places you’ve traveled. I particularly enjoyed your San Diego Zoo images. Believe it or not, I’ve actually been there (as well as La Jolla and Cabrillo National Monument). I don’t know as if I have “top” cities. I enjoy most every place we visit, for they almost all have something to offer. It would be easier for me to list my favorite states (California being one of them)! Our tastes tend more towards nature and hiking now. Rocky Intertidal Zone looks like a place we would enjoy.

So I’m trying to decide where to go when we meet and you seem to have been to all the places I have in mind. You might need to give me a little help here! I love your photography so much Rommel. I always look forward to your posts. :)

You haven’t set a date! Anywhere will do. What about somewhere close to your area?

• LuAnn says:

Ok, I guess I misunderstood your earlier comment. Is Dec 8th a day that would work for you? If not, let me know what your schedule looks like because I perhaps could be more flexible with mine. Also, I could come your direction as well if that would make it easier for you. I have not spent much time in Ventura if you would prefer that. Let me know your thoughts Rommel.

6. Imelda says:

Your pictures are lovely as always but the water animal and the rocky beach photos are stand outs, at least for me. :-)

7. Wonderful photos! San Diego is my favorite city, behind Santa Cruz…

8. That was my cove and my seals for 14 years. I swam there all year round – swam the rough water Swims, too :) Marrakech,(Would the souks in Fez be considered at city,) Paris, San Francisco, New York, Florence, Hanoi, Rome, Venice, La Jolla …….

Mt top five would be Exeter, Kuala Lumpur, Marrakech, Kumasi and Paris. I think if I visit San Diego it might be pretty high on the list!

10. hemadamani says:

thanks for the beautiful tour of San Diego!! :)

Love to see San Diego again. Thank you for the wonderful tour, Rommel! Happy Sunday to you. :)

12. premdev says:

I’ve lived and worked in Amsterdam so it’s definitely one of my top 5 cities. :D Great photos here Rommel and the Tidal zone is something we should see, thanks for sharing these magnificent travel photos of Cali. I myself haven’t been to a lot of these places but soon, one at a time as I always say to myself. :)

13. Amazing Photos – thanks for sharing a slice of PARADISE!!!

14. Angelia Sims says:

San Diego. San Diego is definitely my top city to visit (and probably have travelled to the most). San Francisco, Chicago, and Milwaukee too. I enjoyed Toronto and Niagra Falls as well. I have not been overseas as an adult. Maybe one day. Gorgeous collages! Love them all.

Really!? That’s good to hear coming from you. The US cities I need to cross off the list are nyc, chicago, las vegas, austin/san antonio/dallas and washington.

15. Wonderful photos! I especially love that of ocean beach! Top 5 cities…nyc, sfo, davao city, kuala lumpur and well, manila …with all its gory detail and charm, manila just has to be on the list. I could hear the band “hotdog” singing…manila, manila, i keep comin’ back to manila…

I was listing it but retracted it. I was just started thinking more in the line of tourism. But yeah, Manila, despite many setback, is a city one can learn to love so much.

16. Sunshine says:

Oh, for one, your collages are, as always, top-notch; two, top five cities that I hope to visit one day Dublin, Phnom Penh, Papeete, NYC & Sidney…just because!! Great post!! ;)

17. Great photos..my brother was stationed in San Diego for 4 years. He always told me that out of all the places he has been in this world San Diego was his absolute favorite.

18. I love the pictures. There are so many wonderful cities in the world that it is very hard to pick a top 5! San Diego is definitely a fantastic city which is why I guess I always come back :)

19. Really Bohol? Are you from there ? There are truly many wonderful cities and if i really have to pick one I guess it would be my Cebu City….Great Photos!!!

20. melmannphoto says:

Yeah, SD is a very cool place for photography and just hanging around. You’ve got the highlights here – looks like you got around the place. But no picture of the Hotel Del Coronado?

21. rommel says:

Thanks a lot for the awesome input. It wasvery nice getting to know you each of you through this.

Your blog shall be my choice for best armchair travel to the US until I get there in person :-) My 5 favourite cities? Paris, Istanbul, Buenos Aires, Rome, Barcelona.

There’s a nice award on my blog for you. :)

24. What fabulous photos, Rommel! Such a beautiful city and you’ve captured the very best of it! :-) Makes me want to make a trip south…it’s been awhile!

25. Gorgeous photos!! Makes me want to map out my travel plans for the next few months!

26. I need to save this post as my ultimate guide for San Diego, CA. Now I am determined to revisit the place where I first step foot in America. Breathtaking images Bro. Best one there is!

I just love San Diego and these are gorgeous collage shots. Who did you use, pixlr express? :-)

28. gourmandchic says:

I absolutely love San Diego. Since I don’t live far I do visit San Diego a lot. I regret not taking more photography there but one of these trips I will go just for taking pictures!!! My top favorite cities are Venice, Mykonos, Bali, Paris, Barcelona…I actually have more and it was hard for me to choose!

29. rubzzz says:

Reblogged this on A combination of life, social media, & entertainment and commented:
    Can’t wait to buy property down here.

30. tchistorygal says:

Rommel, I just happened to click on this post, and there I was as a featured blog. What a sweet surprise. I didn’t remember reading this long ago, so I must have missed it somewhere along the way. I didn’t this time. I love your animal pictures. You captured the heart of the monkey, and the seals (I think) are fabulous. I love the napper. Thanks again for posting this nice plug for my blog – again! :)

I am always overwhelmed by your posts, starting with the number and the variety of pictures. I have one I’d like to comment on in particular – the large frame one of the ocean that looks almost monochromatic – the composition and the sky makes it stand out compared to all of your previous shots :) P.S. You have talent for underwater photography too :D Are you still in Japan, Rommel?

32. […] city, beach, zoo, and garden, it will blow you away.  Pretty risky to introduce Rommel’s San Diego post when I’m going to do a series of posts about the […]

33. restlessjo says:

Don’t think I’m well-travelled enough for 5 but Venice, Barcelona and London would be in there. I only spent a day or so in San Diego so hardly fair to judge on that basis, but your photos tell a great story. :)