Home » random » #210

#210

As much as I want to divert from numbered posts, it is rather pressing that I extend my deep appreciations to all of you who have been a part of this blog.

I hope this wee bit of presentation inspires you…

When problems overwhelm us and sadness smothers us, where do we find the will and the courage to continue?

554221_10151009217833578_1329119445_n

Well, the answer may come in the caring voice of a friend,

312190_10150302985223578_5711640_n
a chance encounter with a book,
or from a personal faith.
12444_190398513577_431509_n
For Janet, her help came from her faith but it also came from a squirrel.
205334_344005605679481_620905796_n
Shortly after her divorce, Janet lost her father, then she lost her job, she had mounting money problems.
934_10151283752513578_301328860_n.
But Janet not only survived but she worked her way out of despondency and now she says life is good again.

488013_10151457662728578_53303726_n.

She told me that late one autumn day when she was at her lowest, she saw a squirrel storing up nuts for the winter.

DSC04160
One at a time, he would take them to the nest. And she thought, if that squirrel can take care of himself with a harsh winter coming on, so can I.
487178_344005632346145_247695250_n.
Once I broke my problems into small pieces, I was able to carry them, ….
402587_10150540379331182_967273963_n.
one at a time.
423393_10150688920308578_572703577_9590651_276909376_n.
___________________________________________
My heartiest gratitude, The Sophomore Slump has acquired …
307380_438209009592473_812621128_n
***Lines are from the voice-over message in the intro of the song “Little Acorn” from The White Stipes.
Here are TOP 12 of your Most Liked Posts… (as of 21FEB2013) – You can see these posts at the Home Page.
  1. Blue and Hands: Snorkeling in Balicasag (282)
  2. Rose Valley Falls Trail (262)
  3. Solitary Walk in Venice Canal, California (202)
  4. My 7 Super Shot (196)
  5. Sunday Post: Reflection and Peace in Nature, or Caramoan, Philippines (187)
  6. Las Vegas Baby (166)
  7. Weekly Photo Challenge 2012 (166)
  8. Flashback Friday (161)
  9. #200 – (152)
  10. Near and Far: Europe in California (151)
  11. My Weekend With Marilyn (141)
  12. Merge: Herculaneum and Getty Villa (141)

Salamat, Grazie, Merci, Shukran, Gracias, Mahalo, Arigato, Thank you!

1. Congratulations!! I really liked the post too. If you inspiring stories, you might like this one about my friend, Kayln.

9 months ago Kayln was in a wheelchair. She has a rare disease, Chiari Malformation. After her second brain surgery she got cancer. Today, 9 months later, not only is she walking, she ran the Tough Mudder 5 days after chemo. She is currently on my bodybuilding team. She has 3 years to live. She means to live.

Lisa

10,000 likes! Congratulations!! “broke my problems into small pieces…” well said, how inspiring.
    Beautiful post, Rommel!

3. prem says:

congrats! a very big milestone for you & your blog! keep people inspired!

4. Sunshine says:

you earned it all, Rommel. congratulations!
    this was heart felt beautiful. ♥
    peace+love

5. shofar says:

CONGRATULATIONS, ROMMEL!
    Thanks for sharing the lesson in Janet and the squirrel story!
    KEEP THE POSTS COMING! GOD BLESS YOU!
    ~Liz

6. JoJo Kelmer says:

woah! 10,000 likes? congratulations!!!

7. Silving says:

Congratulations Rommel! Nice story and photos of the squirrel :)

and thank you for the entertainment, fun, culture, art and blog love :-)

9. Joycelyn says:

Maligayang bati sa sampung libong LIKE! (that sounded more of a birthday greeting to me, lol!) Seriously! You have an amazing blog and a gift at that, so no wonder, you will have more readers soon! Thank you also for sharing the beauty of the world by capturing kodak photos :)

10. cocomino says:

what a lovely post. All photos are cute and beautiful. You can catch the heart .

11. Well, congratulations on 10,000 likes. This is another lovely post :)

12. Congrats, Rommel. Well deserved for this beautiful blog. :)

Congratulations Rommel and great post. I will now be going back to revisit the top 12. Have a wonderful weekend. Get out there and do something fun! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! What a beautiful piece… wow amazing story about Janet too. :-)

Thanks. Love the story that I couldn’t help but share it. I use to put meself in animals’ shoes as well when I observe them. We get inspirations in many places, indeed.

15. RMW says:

I enjoy your photos and thoughts…. keep on truckin’…

16. Congrats, Rommel! This is one of the best posts I’ve ever read; thought-provoking, inspiring.

17. Beautiful Post – Congrats!!! Happy Friday:)

18. Congratulations!!!! Loved the squirrel-and-Janet story, I was inspired. Thanks for sharing it!

Such an inspirational story, Rommel. Thanks for sharing it, and congrats on your 10,000 likes. We don’t just like you, we LOVE you. :D

20. wanderingcha says:

diez mil likes!!! way to go!
    heartwarming story.. and love the sun photos :-)

21. 7feetnorth says:

Congratulations! Great photos and inspiring story as well!

22. gourmandchic says:

Wow…congratulations. Great job and wonderful post and story. Truly captivating.

23. Great post, Beautiful! We are still a long way to 10000 likes. Need to write something like this, thought provoking musings.

24. Bro, I would say this is my favorite among your post. Yes, I do love the amazing travels, the trips to the most beautiful places on Earth but today you showed an even more beautiful source of inspiration , your heart and the people who touched that heart. Janet is one wonderful person whose heart of faith and courage gave her the strength to endure the most difficult times and emerge victorious in the end. There is a piece of her in all our stories and it’s comforting to know that whatever hardship we are in right now, it’ll pass.

Well, thank you, IT. I’m not so surprised that this is what you consider to your favorite. It’s a Island Traveler-type of a post. :D
      Yup, it’s the relateable part that makes the story even better.

25. 10,000 likes is a LOT of likes! Congratulations! Your photo essay is most inspiring, and it is so true that we can capture our support in small bites…just like Mr. Squirrel! Very moving, Rommel.

HELLO MRS. 10,000TH LIKERS. Thank you for completing it. :D
      It’s funny. I actually waited for that very last one. It took like 5 hours from 9,999 to 10,000. You saved me from major anxiety attack.

Thank you for this beautiful and heartwarming post Rommel.
    And many congratulations!!! You have graduated to the super league :-)

27. Love this post and the story of the squirrel. Life teaches us lessons in the most unexpected ways so long as we keep our hearts and minds open. Congrats on the 10,000 likes too!!

28. getsetandgo says:

Congratulations Romnel. Also a beautiful post and lovely pics :).

29. Imelda says:

First of all, congratulations, my friend, for the 10000 likes. Well-deserved, each one of them. :-) Second, this is such a lovely post – your pictures are awesome as always, and the story is inspiring. Thanks for stepping out of the box. Know that you can now have an Inspirational Blog to add to your blog family. :-)

A beautiful post and message, Rommel … Stats should not really matter … don’t you think ;).

Nope! My creative outlet and sharing come first. That’s why I try my best to come up with something evrytime. Milestone are good share to track progress, and for readers as well. Stats come well, sophomoric. :D

31. Ingrid says:

Beautiful post and stunning photos. Congrats on your blog stats :-)

32. mrsbearfoot says:

Congratulations! Actually, I’m not surprised; your photos are stunning!

~Lindy

33. Easter Ellen says:

I am a late-comer and a first-time reader, so first congratulations on such a great achievement and also I am compelled to say how delighted I was at your use of lyric and photography. Beautifully done.

Easter Ellen