Home » random » PEOPLE

PEOPLE

283415_10150272589508578_7403901_nADULATION

A mother wept a bucket full of tears when 10-year old Kevin left. She used to always prepare peanut butter and jelly, his favorite, and tuck his lunch box to his bag. After school, she’s the one who greeted and walked with him back home. She read, taught and played with him most of the day.

He’s a delight to her. But Kevin had to go. He’s a son of a military whose duty station in California had come to an abrupt end. She was just their neighbor. Though, she spent time and cared for him more than her own. She said that people think she was exaggerating it. Some kids in his school called her Kevin’s Nanny. She said, “It isn’t exaggeration, it’s love.” She She started balling again.

FRAILTY249065_330463227033719_2143133144_n

I have cultivated a good relationship with my landlord. It’s not hard to because he’s a people person. He talks to anybody. He knows Ventura and it’s community. We see each other every time I pay my rent. One dinner, he told me his story. Whenever he does his morning walk and run. He usually passes by a house. Every time, he picks up the daily newspaper left on the lawn, and then he takes it all the way to the front door.
The owner of the house is a woman in her 90′s.

34207_412174968577_6731634_nRESUSCITATE

Ben and John live in the same apartment complex. They and their families spent the big holidays together last year. They become great friends for a couple of years now. There’s one incident that led up to this. John got fed up with Ben for his well being when they were forced to work together. John took the bull by his horns and opened a can of whoop ass to him. He berated and derided, laid out all his problems and irritation with him. It was hard for Ben to swallow everything in.

All the time, John remembers that moment and wished his face-to-face confrontation never happened. When they got reunited, Ben thanked John. He claimed that John made him a changed man. They now go to the gym and run together. John, he learned patience, to be calm and compromise through raising his kid who annoys him severely.

EMANCIPATION

Right now, he’s probably preparing the tables and chairs, or maybe fixing the bedroom. He used to live on a field, alone. He sells oranges at a Farmer’s Market, and that’s the only hours he spent talking to most people. He chose happiness and liberation, forgetting, leaving and shutting out every one he knew. One day, as he was only burning wood for light, he burnt his kindling house.

62496_10151453334548578_553132698_nHe then started to reconstruct another house. That next day, people who noticed his solitary life came to help him. More and more followed, and even donations were readily available to his soon to be doorstep. The house, which is much improved than the last, was rebuilt in just 10 days.

He still sells oranges at a Farmer’s Market. He is also a regular volunteer to a Rescue Mission serving homeless people. He does it as a return, a redemption, I supposed. He disagreed. He said he does it for what it is, his past didn’t matter. He said that he learned something the hard way. “No matter how much you sliced it, people need people.”

These are the stories of the people I know. Names are anonymous.

This post is part of my Special Reports.

_____________________________________________

Care for some more amazing story?

Featured Blog

Well, here’s one success story for you – My Testimony and An Amazing Story. I don’t know how to paint but I enjoy artistic bloggers. I’m not religious but I still enjoy Liz’s company and her blog God Enduring Love. For my 99th Featured Blog, I decided to choose a Religious Blog to get in the mix. She and her husband do mission work. In her blog, she shares her experiences, spreads the good word, tells amazing stories, reblogs great sources and encourage others to strengthen their faith.

_____________________________________________

See you on my 100th Featured Blog.

Very well done Rommel. I’ve said it before, that your generous, open spirit draws people to you. You are a special young man and I feel so grateful to have connected with you. :)

2. Colline says:

Enjoyed reading these stories. Thanks for sharing them.

3. Shofar says:

Aloha, Rommel! I woke up to a nice SURPRISE this morning! I appreciate our friendship that started months ago when I saw your beautiful photos from the Philippines featured on your blog. I never saw any of those beautiful places on our 14 mission trips even though we traveled hundreds of miles in Luzon. They were ‘working’ trips to remote towns and mountainous places, never went to the islands or places you photographed. I swam in the murky waters of the South China Sea near Dagupan. One day I would like to be a tourist and see the white sand beaches and snorkel in clear water! Thank you for the ‘feature’! God bless you always!
    ~Liz

4. Angeline M says:

Great stories. All of them!

5. ronarruejo says:

Great short stories! The anonymity makes it feel more real (at least to me).

Some tremendous life lessons there Rommel!

7. Marianne says:

Your Special Reports are just that – special :)

I’ve always enjoyed your generosity in sharing, Rommel. Well done.

Great post, Rommel. It’s people I’m very curious about. Whe we are, and where we stand in the grand scheme of things. People matter.

You are one of the highlights of the blogosphere Rommell and I love the way you have shared your people with us as I love everything you do :-)

10. dakota85 says:

What a unique post!

11. Jude says:

A lovely people-post Rommel! People are all so incredibly unique, so different, but each has something special to give.

12. It is so true, “No matter how much you sliced it, people need people.” Beautiful stories.

It takes a big heart to notice these people. It takes thoughtfulness to notice their kindness. It take generosity to make this effort to share. I’m indeed privileged to be one of your blog followers. Thank you, Rommel!

14. Well done, you are talented. You are the one in the blog world! Real People, real stories.

15. Mike Limon says:

Hey Rommel! You are truly gifted with your talent for photography, storytelling, and writing! I always enjoying reading your post. Keep up the awesome work. Your Ventura neighbor. Mike

16. Nice post Rommel, Though your photographs are always a hit with me, this was a beautifully honest piece of work.
    The eye can’t see what the heart doesn’t feel.

I love the variety of your stories… They are touching and quite inspiring. TY :-)
    Eliz

18. cocomino says:

That’s a good story, indeed Thanks for sharing I enjoyed them :)

19. lautal says:

Absolutely nice hearty short stories. Thanks Rommel for sharing.

20. Prem says:

I call it compassion and loving-kindness. Touching and very nice stories. Glad you shared them to us. :)

21. Rommel your “Special Reports” is very interesting and unique! I’m loving it!

22. A celebration and reality of human friendship and personal journey. Well written Bro. Stories that make one realte so easily. Thanks.

23. Each person has her own story. I’m glad there’s one like you sincere enough to unravel those stores and share them. It takes kndness and thought. A beautiful heart in a meaningful post. =>

24. Sunshine says:

people need people…so true and how you highlighted these folks in the ordinary moments of their day touches the soul. thank you for your gift of sharing the little things that may have gone unseen but you bring them to light- it is beautiful. ♥

25. Almost missed the notification, I knew you had come out with something I badly wanted to read…and I was not disappointed, not one iota. Wonderful stories these. Thank you for highlighting these Special People. I’m looking forward to the next installment :-) Keep ‘em comin’ bro.

26. Arindam says:

Great stories Rommel. Your words always reflects your personality. You are a kind and intelligent person. Wishing you all the best in life’s journey and do not forget to share with us few lessons you are learning in this journey.
    Great post!!

27. Joycelyn says:

Hello there, hope you are having a blast today! I nominated you for “Best Moment Award”. I know you will love it as much as I did! Peace, Joycey

Just checking to see if all is well with you Rommel. Take care :-)

Oh Rommel you have made my day so much brighter than it started because of this…thank you !!!

30. Angelia Sims says:

Heart-warming stories that are even more special as seen through your eyes.

31. poppytump says:

You are certainly a ‘giving’ person Rommel and your posts like this always show it so well .

32. Hi Rommel,

As I read these stories, the common thread I seem to notice is one of compassion and warmth,. Could these be aspects of your own personality that are getting reflected as you narrate?

Loved the post.

Shakti

33. These are great stories with wonderful life lessons :)

34. Fergiemoto says:

Thank you for sharing these stories!

Missing you Rommel, you okay?

These are such touching stories, Rommel. Thanks for sharing and be well. :)

37. Oh, nooooooooooooooooo! Is this your most recent blog post? Where are you? Hope all is well.

38. Aian Ramos says:

The world needs more stories like these, more people like these…:)

39. poppytump says:

wondering Rommel …it’s been awhile … hope all is well …

40. Where art thou rommel?

41. You are missed, Rommel.

42. I see that Carla came by today, too, Rommel. I have checked for the last month, just to make sure somehow my Reader wasn’t working. I hope you’re well and just very active doing something wonderful. You are very missed. I hope we’ll hear from you soon, my friend. Debra

43. Joycelyn says:

Reblogged this on I am Super Istar and commented:
    When the word Frailty and Emancipation made me cry. This is a very good entry from a blogger friend Rommel. Truly, we are touched by the goodness of each one. :)

44. Dave says:

I love the anonymous stories, and also how you show appreciation to the bloggers you like. It is so much more personal than a “follow” list. Thanks for stopping by Gwichyaa Zhee!

45. Sunshine says:

This really is an evocative piece, Rommel. the imagery being like golden threads that run through our human spirit… ♥

46. rommel says:

I want to thank everyone for the kind words you put in the comments. The comments are very overwhelming. I really felt that my blog has accomplished something special from the feedback-s I get from making this post.
    Thank you. Thank you, thank you.

47. so touching and wonderfully written!

48. […] p.s.  Two other posts will blow you away: “Once in a Blue Moon” and “People”. […]

Touching and special writing :) Thank you for sharing, Rommel and thanks Amy :)

50. […] My Top Ten posts that were posted this year can be seen in the front page and will remain there for the first half of January. #1 is PEOPLE. […]