Home » Animals » Churaumi’s Kuroshio Sea Tank

Churaumi’s Kuroshio Sea Tank

1463112_10152082876973578_1694578287_n

It is massive! GIGANTIC! I’ve never seen quite like it.

1476104_10152082877503578_1938131074_n

1459262_10152082878018578_1089223174_n

Kuroshio is the second largest aquarium tank from the third largest aquarium in the world, Churaumi.

1455161_10152082877193578_1185050080_n

There are 3 giant whale sharks and a lot of manta rays. To date, there sre 4 manta rays that were born in this tank.

994385_10152082877308578_2002021555_n

I really felt like a wide-eyed kid who’s in extreme awe, giggling inside and just fascinated looking at this tank. It’s really huge. Looking at this tank is way better than watching any blu-ray movies from plasma TV.

1464693_10152082877243578_484659046_n

1483319_10152082877878578_32317237_n

Then when they fed the whale sharks, we were ooh-ing and aah-ing by the sight of it.

1452570_10152082877853578_2061466495_n

The smaller fishes were swarming around the whale shark.

532079_10152082877293578_1771595107_n

It was really captivating to watch that I think puffs of magical snow dusts were coming out of our mouths.

1453245_10152082877488578_1894470095_n

Really a sight to behold.

And oooh look! it smiled at the camera…

1453430_10152082877123578_92172869_n

More of Churaumi Aquarium in the not so near future…

_______________________________________

Here is sweetpurity and her nature-filled blog, Nature Walk Photography. The featured post is a culmination of her best photos for each month of last year. Talk a look…

1. cocomino says:

I also visited this aqurium. I remembered the shark. How impressive!

Cool! How I wish your blog was up when you went to Okinawa. Did you have any old pictures of it? It’s awesome to hear when others mention they’ve seen it as well.

Stunning! Really, really cool shots, Rommel!

3. Colline says:

This is amazing. It is almost like being under the sea. Stunning photos.

4. Wow, and that is a big WOW! I would too be wide eyed! Great captures, Rommel.

5. Giaskyler says:

That is one huge fish!

Rommel its fantastic, love your photos. How big is this place and do you think the whale sharks are ok in there?

I would have loved to be there. Amazing! Great to see you having fun, and more fun, Rommel :D Don’t go to close to those ;)

Paula, I’ll swim with it if I know how. Yup! Did you know that 24 people are killed by champagne corks each year? And that is one of the many things that are more likely to you than sharks.

• Paula says:

:D I don’t like champagne :D so I didn’t know, but now I understand why I always hid under the desk when champagne was opened at office parties :D. I wish your swimming with sharks wish would come true some day. xx

That’s just a pipe dream. I was being too serious. The guant size of it would make me too scared to go near it eventhough I know it’s not as harmless. Ahihihi. :D

8. magiecrystal says:

If I was a shark, I’d smile at you. But, stay out of the shark tank!

9. johanesjonaz says:

Oh my! that’s fabulous Rommel! I never see that creature alive.. I see the dead one in the museum :)

10. Wow! Absolutely stunning pictures… my gosh, they’re huge! I have a friend who’s a shark fan, dives, and studies in Hawaii… I’ll pass along your blog link – she’ll enjoy your photos as well! ~SueBee

Kudos for her being a shark fan. Seriously, they are way too misinterpreted in medias. We, humans, are way more of a threat to them. I hope she likes it. I know seeing it up-close is surely better than my pics.

11. Rommel,
    Thank you so much for featuring my blog on yours, that was so nice of you. Joanne :)

12. Wow! What a large aquarium! I would love to spend a day there.

13. Wow! That is so huge. Spectacular shots.

I wonder who has the biggest tank because I’ve never before heard of an aquarium being big enough to hold a whale shark in it. That is spectacular.

15. Sun says:

how impressive! not one but three giant whales…and from the way your narration flowed, i could hear all the ahh’s and ohh’s and even saw a few magical snow dusts fogging up the glass. :) it must have been real peaceful watching them all swim by – super nice!

16. poppytump says:

Stunning shots Rommel . What a hummungus aquarium definitely you couldn’t miss this .
    Such a gummy smile that shark has :-)

17. Those are incredibly huge tanks! I love aquariums, but this is unlike any I’ve seen before. Very special. :-)

18. oh my gosh how COOL!! I am so glad you didn’t crop out the people at the bottom of the tank, as it gives a perspective on just how HUGE that whale shark is!

19. Amazing the way the photos turned out perfectly through the glass. Great job ….

Oh my what fantastic shots!!!And you even got one to pose for you! You are such a charmer Rommel :-)

21. gabimili says:

I have an award nomination for you: Dragon Loyalty Award! You can view your nomination: HERE Congratulations.

22. Wow! Stunning photos of massive creatures! Great post!

23. celia knox says:

Wow wow wow! I HAVE to get to Okinawa soon. What time of year is best, do you think?

24. This is so AWESOME, Rommel. I love aquariums, but when I’m there, I keep praying that the glass won’t decide to break. I find it quite scary to be so close to these humongous and hungry sea creatures. 8O