Home » California » Throwback Thursday: I have

Throwback Thursday: I have

I watched the movie “Flight” in a drive-in theater. I’ve gotten to the northernmost tip of Okinawa. I’ve been to a sticky situation being in an alley filled with EW! bubble gums. I tripped while paying baseball, but I did touch the second base. I started wearing eyeglasses just last week. It opened my eyes that Katy Perry isn’t that pretty as I thought. I personally met a great blogging friend, LuAnn. I thought I will suffer a mild case of social discomfort but she is very friendly that I survived from that embarrassment. Ow! She paid for our food. Ahihihi. It’s been 10 years since I arrived in America. I wanted to punch the eye doctor because he dropped some liquids into my eyes and I couldn’t see anything afterwards.Though I didn’t find Batman, I have finally entered a cave. But, I have seen a batfish. *thumbs up* I also have seen whale sharks, the largest fish in the world. I was giggling inside like a little girl seeing it’s grandeur in front of me. I delivered a Hello Kitty-filled package to my niece in the Philippines. She said she was super happy. :D That’s all I needed to hear. I have hiked in snow. I have sat on a couch where Joey, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Monica and Rachel did. I went to a California Mission with my mom. I have prepared and eaten a mochi (rice ball), then shared them with little Japanese school kids. I’ve gone canoeing, kayaking, and have dipped deep into the beautiful pacific waters. I’ve seen jumbo rocks in Joshua Tree National Park. I thought it was arranged by a giant who played a lot of tetris. I’ve done rapelling down a 60 feet cliff!!! I felt an earthquake this week. It was only my second time. It scared the little bejibbers out of me. I became one of a 270,000 crowd. I assisted a special-need kid get 4 medals during a Special Olympics event. I have a newfangled admiration for Eisa and taiko drumming. I enjoyed watching Survivor Caramoan and Blood vs. Water, more esp. because they were set in the Philippines. I savored my time exploring Okinawa and its culture. I will be depressed after I leave this place. I’m sure of it. I had a great travel friend who too soon had to leave for good. :( She is a female version of my whackiness, and I really enjoyed her company even though she bashed me so much. I’ve eaten pig’s feet. It wasn’t good to be honest but was worth the try. I went to Las Vegas where I squandered a good chunk of my money. Ooops. Good thing, I spent lesser time away the casinos by exploring that darn vicious but busy, illuminating city. I’ve sat foot in Shuri Castle where most of the karate practices took place as Okinawa is the birthplace of it. I had a Weekend with Marilyn. She was very patient waiting for me. She also smiled the whole time I was with her. I hate whatever the fox says. I oppose to using Bitstrip. I got infuriated playing a phone Apps. I have licked ice cream 1,195,733 times this year. I have splish-splashed hard by a wave runners. We were being slapped around by riding this floater boat in the back of a speeding jet ski. Snots were everywhere that it cleaned my nose! :D My girlfriend broke up with me. I stopped blogging for tsk tsk tsk 4 straight months! I found that a person can balance three eggs on top of each other during a Chinese New Year presentation. Poker is fun. Proven to me by Griffith Park Observatory, Jupiter can be seen through the naked eye. Apparently, windmills are eyesores to others. I found out that statistics have it that, among many other things, you can get killed by a bottle cork than shark attack.  I also found out that Turkey is a country name. :D If you get cactus prickles on you, I tell you now, covering your hand with a thin piece of clothing to remove it will NOT help but will only poke you more. I found out that the S in Superman’s chest means Hope. :D I still don’t buy it. :P MY name in Japanese means Freeway Jewel. Whatever the darn it means! I have eaten meats of kangaroo, lamb, crocodile, and camel. I sang “We’ve Got Tonight” at a karaoke in front of many. Was I frightened? Yes. Did I deliver? Sympathetic customary accolades. :D Blowfish can kill you if it’s not prepared right. I have been blessed with so many grateful and ungrateful bounties this year.

For my Throwback Pic …

578433_594379887294423_1680926217_n

The image is small. It’s a Christmas stage play. I can’t remember my part. I strongly think I was one of the three kings. :D

I apologize. It’s a personal post, and I didn’t realize that I’ve typed so many words already. You really start to realize how wealthy you are once you start to count your blessings.

Check out one of my Featured Blogger Sunshine and her monthly Gratitude in Motion.

_____________________________________________

Care to read? Here is Robert M. Weiss’s Site of Discovery and Wonder. Oh! Check out his research topics and  science projects. This blog aims to entertain, astound, and excite.

1. It looks like you had a really nice year with different kind of experiences, knowledge and feelings.

2. Colline says:

You have had a year of ups and downs but oh so rich in experience. I enjoyed reading the synopsis of your year. Hope the next one is as interesting.

3. Rommel, you really have an interesting life.

:) I object – pig’s feet do taste good!!! How were you able to calculate the number of your licks of icecream throughout the year? :S

5. Angeline M says:

You do have a lot to be grateful for (and a few things not)…..I’ve enjoyed your company this past year. Have a very happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Hasta la vista, baby!

6. That is very cool to take pics like that…amazing

7. Ingrid says:

Wow, 2013 was quite a year. I’m exhausted after reading it…..lol. Here’s to an exciting and eventful 2014 :-) Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

8. Oh, I would so love to have heard your heartfelt rendition of “We’ve got tonight.” Such a romantic song. Love that you chose it. :) I’m happy to say that pigs trotters have never passed my lips, or anywhere near. 8O Maybe your ice cream licks could get into the Guinness Book of World Records; have you thought of that? Thanks, Rommel for enthusiastically sharing your amazing adventures this year. I’m so looking forward to 2014, for some more. Merry Christmas time to you!

Like Ingrid, I was exhausted :D It was fun to read through your throwback, except the four months… Cassandra is so adorable, Thank you for posting her pics. So very happy you’re back to the blog world :) Merry Christmas and 幸せ, Freeway Jewel!

It was very nice to come back and see the blog growth many are havong during my hiatus. I was so satisfied to see Cassandra’s pics after she opened my gifts to her. Merry Christmas and Akemashite Omedetou! ;)

10. Wow, what a year! You have been blessed! Merry Christmas and I hope you have an even more Blessed New Year!

Ah Rommel this is touching, sorry to hear about E. Sooo glad you returned to blogging you are a shining star ☆★☆

12. placestheygo says:

What a fabulous year filled with so many memories! You’re a very lucky fellow:)

Happy Holidays, Rommel!

13. Adrian B says:

Rommel,I am pleased to tell you that I’ve awarded you the Blog of the Year Award 2013! There’s no obligation to accept, I understand completely if you don’t. Anyway, thanks for reading and liking my blog “adicanada” I appreciate your support. For details about the award, please see my post http://wp.me/p3ujR2-hg Have a Happy Holiday and All the best for you on the New Year!! Adrian B.

14. So many blessings! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

15. Many adventures, some wonderful thoughts, and nice photos. Happy Holidays, and thanks for promoting my blog!

16. Sorry to hear about your break up. That is a tough , hard event. Hope your spirits are up again, soaring and ready to take flight. Life is full of surprises. Some make us laugh, others break our hearts. In all, we emerge better, stronger. Wishing you and your family the best of the holidays.

17. TBM says:

It’s amazing what a year can bring. you don’t really realize it until you sit down and think about all that has happened. I’m so sorry to hear about the breakup. Wishing you happy holidays.

18. poppytump says:

It’s been a wonderful rollercoaster of the most enjoyable kind joining in with your journeys Rommel… I’ve so enjoyed seeing such different cultures and just life, to be honest through your eyes . Very sorry to hear of your sad time but time out was necessary I can appreciate that too . .
    I do hope you have a fun filled extraordinary estive time, and that 2014 will bring lots of special happiness xx

19. We have so much already and yet we still want for more. Nice throwback photos! Merry Christmas!

20. Sun says:

well, from a king on stage to the fabulous 2013…you’ve come a long way, Baby!! →ahihihi← :)
    a toast to the days gone by and more toasts to 2014 and super thanks for the mention.
    a belated Merry Christmas to you, Rommel ☺

21. Sun says:

oh, and Cassandra…the cutest! :)

22. 7feetnorth says:

What an eventful year! Thanks for honestly sharing. I Hope 2014 is a great year for you!

23. johanesjonaz says:

Wow! it’s been a busy year! You are so blessed my friend.
    Was it because of the broke up thing, you stop blogging for 4 months? – Sorry can’t help it – hehehe

24. Sony Fugaban says:

I wouldn’t wonder if you were one of the kings, Rom. haha

Nice recollection…