Home » Japan » Hiking Tadake Falls

Hiking Tadake Falls

First we walked on pavements. Then next thing we knew we were rivertrekking. It is ankle, knee to chest high. There was no escaping the water, and my shoes were wet, wet, wet.

1499656_10152171548803578_348005200_n

Even my awesome self :D slid through the rocks a couple of times. At one point, I wetted my camera bag. Fortunately, my long-time bestfriend, my mighty Canon, didn’t break.

1488275_10152171549033578_1085049412_n

Then we had to climb up and down the rocks to avoid deeper water levels. Good thing there are ropes to help us, else I would have asked them to carry me on a litter. :D

1545888_10152171549063578_653891045_n

63679_10152171548893578_1411726158_n

After much panting for breaths and sinking in the nature’s beauty, we heard a more roaring sound of dripping water.

It’s the prize of the hike, Tadake Falls. It is way more awesome and cool-looking than the shower in my bathroom. :D

1528511_10152171549138578_1284845664_n

There is a small hole somewhere down the water that you could swim in. The guy in the picture even found a crab in it.

1479521_10152171559268578_1840343989_n

It was not easy to get here. Not just the hike, but actually finding it when we were on the road as there is no sign leading us to it. It is very secluded.

We continued on hiking up for some more adventure.

1497700_10152121824968578_1552544721_n

There are natural swings for Tarzan wannabe’s.

1485114_10152121821358578_91471395_n

We also found a mini version.

1545207_10152171549148578_1545451895_n

And some more areas to dip into.

1505618_10152171548798578_259623911_n

The waterfall is just gorgeous. Finding it from the road is half the battle. Getting there makes it even more rewarding. And really the challenge, the fun and the experience of the hike really add to the wow factor of taking this group trip.

1526594_10152171549008578_629073605_n

This really is my kind of hike. ;)

=============================================

Check out this paddling nature blogger, Vladimir Brezina of Wind Against Current. For my Featured Post, one which is almost a year ago from today. I remember that very first image vividly.

==============================================

Forgive me if I haven’t been receptive. I can only promise to get back to the swing of things.

1. Thanks for featuring our blog! Much appreciated!!

2. Ingrid says:

Now that is my kind of hike….very cool. Glad you didn’t harm your Canon :-)

3. I would love to do that hike but I won’t bring my Gh2. The journey of a hike may be challenging but with a reward like that, makes the battle worthwhile. Like that first and last pic, great shots.

4. Nice post and great photos….looks like a heck of a lot of fun!!

5. pepaulmier says:

I wish I were there, it looks so beautiful, thanks for the pictures.

6. placestheygo says:

What a great adventure! Love that you had such a cool reward at the end. Be careful out there:)

Looks very challenging… Sorry to hear about the slids through the rocks of your awesome self :D
    Great shots!

Beautiful and well worth the trek. Your photos are fab, best friend Canon did well considering how close you came to hurting him!

9. Awesome! I’d like to try natural giant swings.

10. johanesjonaz says:

nice! a camp for one night would be perfect though :)

11. I like the Tarzan swings! Those would be great fun as long as I was sure they were strong enough for me! What a wonderful reward at the end of a hike. I like seeing all that beautiful green, too!

12. cocomino says:

What a beautiful place. It’s best place for adventure.

13. My kind of hike too! Great adventure!

14. I grew up with scenes like these! Picnics, naps by a running stream, music under a canopy of trees, nice chats, smooches, ha, yeah. Great, great photos. I feel a little cooler here in Manila.

15. And this is my kind of hike. Especially, with beautiful waterfalls at the end. I wish I was there!

I am so impressed with how rugged cameras are made now. Even thoughs that aren’t water tight or shock proof can take quite a bit of roughing up before failing. They’re good to go for hikes like this.

I was very very shocked. I really thought it was the end for my camera. I don’t know how it managed to survive. Someone out there wants me to take more pictures. Ahihihihi :D

This sounds so much like a hike we did in Costa Rica to Cataratas Falls. We wondered if we wouldn’t get lost before we found the falls, then it was an interesting hike to get there. There were huge blue morpho butterflies flitting around the water everywhere…enchanting! Glad to see you are filling your time with some great adventures. :)

It looks like great fun

19. omel07 says:

What I wouldn’t give for adventures like yours. Exploring nature’s beauty and capturing the moments. Good thing your trusty Canon was okay. Close call, huh? :)

20. just absolutely gorgeous!! the tarzan swings look like so much fun. seems like the hike was more than worth the reward!

I am glad to hear that neither Canon nor you were hurt :). This is a spectacular hike Rommel, beautiful captures!

22. poppytump says:

I really like the look of this hike ! That waterfall at the end is a just reward for the scrambling over slippery rocks :-/ just a little frisson there then with your camera then Rommel … eek … glad you and it made it !

23. What a beautiful area and how wonderful to be a part of it. Looks like quite an adventure! So glad nothing happened to your camera! I’d hate to miss out on those gorgeous photos! :)

24. That’ll be my dream hike too. Totally blessed with stunning Art of nature with loads of fun, excitement & adventure!

25. TBM says:

I’m impressed your Canon survived, but good friends don’t let you down. A great adventure and thanks for sharing.

This would be my dream hike as well Rommel, it looks like an enchanted place!.Happy that your best friend was unharmed :-)