Home » Special Report » Cherry Blossoms

Cherry Blossoms

cherry blossom 10

cherry blossoms 17

cherry blossoms 16

cherry blossoms 19

cherry blossoms 18

Your images are breathtaking Rommel. When we lived in Washington DC, my favorite time of the year was to go down to the mall when the trees were in bloom. I was just telling Terry the other day that I wish we were going to see them this year but would not be in DC early enough, then I opened your post…delightful! :)

I have cherry trees at Casa Debbio. I will appreciate the blossoms much more when they appear.

3. Deborah says:

Lovely images. A nice breath of springtime on a day it is truly needed. Thanks! :-)

4. milah says:

This is awesome! <3

5. LFFL says:

Beautiful pictures!

6. magiecrystal says:

Beautiful post, stunning images. Except for once, during a year abroad, I always just miss the blossom season.

7. placestheygo says:

I was going to mention the Cherry Blossoms in Washington, D.C. but you and others beat me to it!! We all flock to DC when the Cherry Bloosoms bloom, as well. It is such an amazing sight. Your photos captured their beauty perfectly:)

8. Colline says:

These are so beautiful and they must be an amazing sight. I can only imagine seeing trees and trees filled with them.

It’s been raining here in Okinawa affecting the cherry blossoms. Their bloom was not as full as you usually see in pictures. Still, they are indeed an amazing sight.

What a gorgeous series Rommel! Returning to Japan in time to witness the Sakura in bloom is high on my bucket list.

Hello there, Madhu. :D I’ll be keeping a keen eye on the sakura when I get back to US. I’ll definitely be updated wwith any news of its bloom.

10. Your cherry blossom images are really stunning, Rommel, and it was so fascinating to read all about their symbolism and importance in Japanese culture. I really learned something today. Thank you for another wonderful post. :)

So wonderful to read the stories and history associate with this elegant flowers. You take awesome photos of people, sunset, sunrising, sky, seas… but I love how you take photo of flowers the Best! Thank you so much for your effort, Rommel!

12. Absolutely gorgeous!! This takes me back to the cherry blossom festivals I attended when I was a kid living in Okinawa. To see an entire hillside covered in delicate pink petals – there are few things in life that beautiful! Thank you for this post. :)

13. Arindam says:

Great collection of pictures Rommel. Beautiful post.

14. early! that’s okinawa!

15. Gorgeous, lovely, pretty, great captures, new style too. I wish i can be in DC or Japan to witness the bloom. I guess I just have to thank yo for your beautiful blossoms.

Just keep it in mind next time if ever you’re in any of those cities. I had that idea on the style for quite a while. Glad the result came out decent. I used the old Microsoft Paint. :D

16. Angeline M says:

Wonderfully beautiful post, Rommel. We used to live in Washington D.C., and the cherry blossoms there were incredible. Now I’m wondering if there are cherry trees in Japantown here in San Francisco….I’ll have to find out.

17. rommel says:

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I didn’t really know the actual images will get good compliments. Thanks. By the way, I get nominated for this Best Photo Blogs thingamajig. I hope you vote for me. Link is http://munchow.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/best-photo-blogs-round-5/

18. johanesjonaz says:

I don’t know Rommel, I feel sad by looking those pictures..

19. Oh, the cherry blossoms are so pink in Okinawa! Are they like that all over Japan? In Korea, the cherry blossoms are so pale, they look almost silvery…

I have to come clean that I manipulate the images with its saturation, but never of hues or tint and textures. I had to. The flowers were not in full bloom, plus it was raining on and off that day. Cherry blossoms, as you may know, are white and pink. That’s still detectable in my images. I don’t know about being it almost silvery, but a lot of the pictures I took but didn’t share do look pale.

Beautiful photos Rommel, you are such a romantic :-)

21. Shofar says:

Rommel, I must say that this is your most beautiful post! It does seem early for Sakura to be in bloom! Did you ever say how come you’re in Okinawa and how long you’ll be there? How do you get text in your photos?

Well hello there, my good ol’ friend, Liz. Yes, and everything is lined up the way I said it was going to be. Started in August, and finishing some time this month. I used the good old Microsoft Paint for the fonts. :)

22. Cherry blossoms may be ephemeral, but they are indeed beautiful. Thanks for sharing these exquisite photos.

23. You know I’m always very impressed with your photography, but those photos are just incredible, Rommel. They are truly special. I love the cherry blossoms and the story you tell about them, but honestly, your photography just blows me away! These are your most beautiful yet, I believe!

I immediately put this on my Special Report list ’cause I know it’s something else. But to be honest (not humble), I didn’t expect the praises on the images.

24. Elle says:

You got some really great photos. We’ve a while to go yet, but I’m really looking forward to it. I didn’t know the blossoms are that early in Okinawa, a great excuse for an early spring vacation to Okinawa!!

25. Absolutely Stunning photos, Rommel! And I appreciate the narration you added to each photo. Our fav parade was in Nago. Did I read that you will be leaving this month? So much to, so little time.

26. These pictures are beautiful. I saw the cherry blossoms in Wasington, D.C. It made the city look like a fairy tale.

27. restlessjo says:

It isn’t any wonder, is it, Rommel? Their fragility and short lifespan is so compelling! Even here in Hartlepool I go skipping down the street when it’s blossom time of year :)

Beautiful and delicate with a most seductive scent. Lovely flowery postcards from Japan :)

29. Sakura- that’s a beautiful name.

30. milaiski says:

Lovely shots! One of my dreams is to see the cherry blossoms of Japan!

31. Sun says:

your presentation highlighting the delicate beauty of the Sakura simply breathtaking, Rommel. you’re so creative. thanks for the mini flower lesson.

32. […] used the concept post ideas I had for Cherry Blossoms / Voices and applied it to Shisa, Shisa, Shisa Everywhere. It’s technically a reblog. Same […]