Home » Music » The Scientist

The Scientist

Come up to meet you.
Tell you I’m sorry.
You don’t know how lovely you are.

I had to find you.
Tell you I need you.
Tell you I set you apart.

Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions.
Oh let’s go back to the start.

Running in circles, coming up tails.
Heads on a silence apart.

Nobody said it’d be easy.
Oh It’s such a shame for us to part.

Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start

I was just guessing at numbers and figures.
Pulling the, puzzles apart.

Questions of science, science and progress.
Do not speak as loud as heart.

Tell me you love me.
Come back and haunt me.
Oh and I rush back to the start.

Running in circles, chasing our tails.
Coming back as we are.

Nobody said it was easy.
Oh it’s such a shame for us to part.

Nobody said it was easy.
No one ever said it would be this hard.

I’m going back to the start.

A song lyrics by Coldplay. All images are taken with my Samsung S3.

Featured Blog

Here is Deborah of Container Chronicles and her selections of Seven Deadly Sins soundtracks.

1. that is a cool post! and that song is a favorite of mine :)

2. Deborah says:

Thanks for the shout out! :-D

Very, very clever Rommel and I also love that song – it’s going to stick in my head all day now!

4. at first i think you become a poet. i listen to it on youtube. the melody sounds sad

5. Angeline M says:

Gosh, another side of you in this post that I really like. Great images and I love that song.

going back to the start… :) :)

7. This post is so clever! I love it! Great job, Rommel! :)

8. Colline says:

The words married with your photos made for an interesting post Rommel.

9. Creative! Pictures and words are in harmony!

10. friendlytm says:

Very creative post!

Great post Rommel and that Coldplay song is a favorite of mine!

12. restlessjo says:

You had me fooled, Rommel (that’s not so hard!). I was ready to hand you a tissue or offer the shoulder.
    I like your lyrical side (in images :) )

13. Sun says:

“let’s go back to the start…” right on photographs for that line! how you made what looks like random and rather boring things look so appealing…genius! :)

14. one of my favorite Coldplay songs! They are one of only 2 major artists who I have paid to see live. Chris Martin is amazing – tons of energy! Very creative, Rommel.

I can imagine that with Chris Martin. I would love to see them perform live. Who’s the other artist?

• Katy perry – that one I am less proud to admit. But Janelle Monae opened for her, and she was amazing, and my favorite artist of all time, so it was worth it.

Katy Perry is gorgeous looking, but yeah dot dot dot. At least you get to see Janelle Monae perform. Hmmm… Maybe not bad afterall. I would do that just for the chance to see Janelle Monae.

• Yeah I didn’t even know janelle was going to perform until the day of the concert, when I picked up the physical tickets. It was a wonderful surprise! She’s an incredible dancer in addition to being an incredible singer an composer.

That was just brilliant Rommel!!! Clever pairing of your terrific gallery with that wonderful song. I love those lyrics :-)

16. Absolutely loved how you incorporated Coldplay’s song in those pictures. Such a creative idea Rommel :)

17. […] Image for Each Month in 2013. BLAQUE – My submissions for Paula’s B&W Challenge. The Scientist – One of my most favorite […]

18. Brilliant idea for a post, Rommel. I enjoyed looking at all that abandoned rubbish. :D

19. The first thing that came to my mind when I read the title (before I clicked to see the post) was this song!

This was fun and clever :)

21. […] Music: A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay. It is both highly popular and critically acclaimed for all the right reasons. See a personal favorite post of mine – The Scientist. […]