I don’t normally post an entry that comes from somewhere else. Found it on Facebook. Even there, I don’t ever share a link until this post. It’s just too funny to miss. I’m sorry I can not locate the origination of the post.
Filipinos are certainly getting into mainstream America and into the world. With… an estimated 4 million Filipino-American population (as of 2007), Filipinos are an emerging group in a diverse society in the United States .
Filipino talents like Manny Pacquiao, Charice Pempengco, Arnel Pineda, Lea Salonga, and Monique Lhuiller are doing a great job pitching in!
David Letterman, apparently used Filipino-Americans in one of his skits.
Here’s the recap:
Top 10 Reasons Why There Couldn’t Be a Filipino-American US President
By David Letterman
10. The White House is not big enough for in-laws and extended relatives.
9. There are not enough parking spaces at the White House for 2 Honda Civics,
2 Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 Toyota Corollas, a Mercedes Benz, a BMW , and
an MPV (My Pinoy Van).
8. Dignitaries generally are intimidated by eating with their fingers at State dinners.
7. There are too many dining rooms in the White House – where will they put
the picture of the Last Supper?
6. The White House walls are not big enough to hold a pair of giant wooden
spoon and fork.
5. Secret Service staff won’t respond to “psst… psst” or “hoy.hoyhoy!”
4. Secret Service staff will not be comfortable driving the presidential car with a Holy Rosary hanging on the rear view mirror, or the statue of the Santo Nino on the dashboard.
3. No budget allocation to purchase a Karaoke music-machine for every room in the White House.
2. State dinners do not allow “Take Home”.
AND THE NUMBER I REASON WHY THERE COULDN’T BE A FILIPINO-AMERICAN U.S. PRESIDENT IS…
1. Air Force One does not allow overweight Balikbayan boxes!