- VENICE: It’s a MUST go to place in California. Bring quarters or dollar bills. Pay your parking especially the hourly parking on the side of the road. Parking ticket is expensive. Or just make it a practice to always bring change whenever you travel. Art vendors don’t like their crafts and art pieces getting photographed. Check out the skate arena and street arts.
- If you decide to go to Cabrillo National Monument Park, check out the Rocky Intertidal Zone. See my post here and find out what you’re missing if you don’t.
- If you want to try an African cuisine, go to City Heights in San Diego. They have a street row full of no-untensil-required African restaurants.
- Wait for the sunset when you decide to go to Griffith Park Observatory. It has one of the best views of LA cityscape, LA sunset and the HOLLYWOOD sign.
- Make Fairoaks Pharmacy your automatic first stop when you drive the California portion of Route 66.
- A lot of people go to Getty Center and not go to Getty Villa. It’s a NO-NO!
- California is a diverse state. It’s easy to cross-culture. You might know about Chinatown in LA, but what about Hsi Lai Temple?
- You might also like:
Balboa Park is an Absolute MUST | See the seals and birds in La Jolla | You don’ have to go North to see jellyfish in MBA, go see Birch Aquarium, they also have a great display of seahorses | Going to Universal Studios? It’s a family theme park. To me, honestly, it’s a lot geared towards for kids. Make sure you ride the studio tour. | Looking for a leash-free beach, Ocean Beach, aka OB or Dog Beach, is what you seek.
- It is wise to bring a GPS when driving. In case of traffic, a GPS can provide you alternate roads other than being stuck in a traffic jam.
- Museums and parks offer free admission on a specific weekday. Check out their websites first before going.
- Always be early.
If you want to know where I took each of these landscapes, just point your mouse to the pictures.
LA? What about NYC?
Here is Ms. Elena on traveling. There is no need to explain why this post is a major success. Elena composed the best New York blogpost I’ve ever come across. She captured amazing night photos, artistic random pics, clever shots and with a combination of B&W. She compared LA to NYC, then smartly segued it to cultural and social insights. Scroll down her Categories and you will be floored by the number of places she’s been to. Her blog header remind us to: Live simply, travel lightly, love passionately & don’t forget to breathe.
Last Advice: Before visiting California, check out this blog first. *BIG GRIN*
Last Call …
This is not LA nor SD. The picture above is taken from Cissy Field in SF.